The purpose of the Student Council is to develop citizenship and leadership skills in our students and to promote school spirit and community involvement.
Each 4th and 5th grade homeroom teacher will nominate students who they think would benefit the most from the program. Nominations are then given to the sponsors to make final decisions.
Student Council members must maintain a B average and good conduct to remain on Student Council.
Some of Our Projects:
- Red Ribbon week organization
- Annual Canned Food Drive for the Evansville Rescue Mission
- Greeters for school programs/events (Veteran's Day, Fifth Grade Recognition, etc.)
- Teacher Appreciation week
- At least one West side Evansville Community Service Project which includes raising funds through "Penny Wars.”
- Spring volunteer work around the CHS campus